Engine oil is the lifeblood of your car's engine. It lubricates all the moving parts of the engine and helps to protect them from wear and tear. Choosing the right engine oil is important for maintaining your engine's health and performance.
There are three main types of engine oil:
• Mineral oil: Mineral oil is the most basic type of engine oil. It is refined from crude oil and is the least expensive option. However, mineral oil does not provide the same level of protection as synthetic oil.
• Synthetic oil: Synthetic oil is made from chemically engineered molecules. It provides superior lubrication and protection compared to mineral oil. Synthetic oil can also withstand higher temperatures and last longer than mineral oil.
• Semi-synthetic oil: Semi-synthetic oil is a blend of mineral and synthetic oil. It provides better protection than mineral oil but is less expensive than synthetic oil.
In addition to the type of oil, you also need to choose the right viscosity grade. The viscosity grade is a measure of how thick the oil is. The higher the viscosity grade, the thicker the oil. Thicker oil protects engines in high temperatures, while thinner oil is better for cold weather. The most common viscosity grades for passenger cars are 5W-30 and 10W-30.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing the right engine oil for your car:
• Your car's age and mileage: Older cars with higher mileage may need a higher oil viscosity than newer cars with lower mileage.
• The climate you live in: If you live in a cold climate, you will need a lower oil viscosity than in a warm climate.
• Your driving habits: If you drive hard or tow heavy loads, you will need a higher oil viscosity than if you drive mostly in the city.
It is always best to consult your car's owner's manual to find the recommended engine oil. You can also check with your mechanic for recommendations.
Here are some additional tips for choosing and using engine oil:
• Change your engine oil regularly. The frequency of oil changes will depend on your car's make, model, and driving habits. Most cars need their oil changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles.
• Use the right type of oil filter. The oil filter removes dirt and impurities from the oil. Be sure to use the oil filter that is recommended for your car.
• Refrain from filling your engine with oil. Overfilling your engine with oil can damage the engine.
Visit the Tesla Power USA website today to learn more.